Friday, June 24, 2011

Angel Fire, NM: Chile Challenge MSC #4




Congratulations to Darian Harvey on piloting her DHR to a first place finish in the Pro Women’s DH!




 


Angel Fire was a short trek of about five hours south from Durango. I drove down Friday morning with fellow racer Darian Harvey. Well actually, Darian drove while I caught up on sleep after a late night of prepping bikes and packing. The Super D course was a blast; it had everything including high speed straits, burmed turns, flat loose turns, and of course sweet jumps. Here is a link to a practice run. Angelfire Practice Run


The race started out pretty well. After the first turn I managed to work my way from near last to fifth. I managed two passes� when the course opened up onto one of the ski runs. I thought all was good only to get passed right before flatting about a quarter of the way down the course. Here is a link to the race run. Angelfire Race Run

http://bit.ly/jl04OK

No comments:

Post a Comment